Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Truthspeak overload

It couldn't get any more ironic / terrifying, depending on your optimism for the future. The Devil points us to plans for a 'Department of Peace', truth speak of the highest order. What is really scary is that I'm just so used to this nonsense now. Just about any government leaning media outlet, which is most of the these days, appear to almost celebrate these types of announcements or proposals, or at the very least, let them pass with an uncritical eye.

Take my local rag, for instance. Last night, as I drank my after work pint, I was informed that the Police were cock a hoop with the latest fingerprint scanning devices that could be deployed at will to 'establish someones identity'. But, don't worry, they are aware of any civil liberties issues (emphasis mine);

The tests are voluntary so if a person refuses to have it taken, they are arrested and taken into custody while further enquiries are made to establish their identity.

...where they will then be fingerprinted and DNA swabbed, I assume. Superb, eh? Voluntary is the new compulsory.

No comments:

Post a Comment